A headache pain can be quite frustrating, especially when you have tons of responsibilities at hand. Here’s what you can do when you have a terrible head pain:
- Go and rest in a dark quiet room.
- You can apply cold or hot compress to your aching side of the head. By cold compress, we are referring to an ice pack.
- Massaging will also help.
- You can consume caffeine in small amounts.
- Prescription medications like Amitriptyline, Metoprolol, Topiramate, and Divalproex will help.
- One can also take counter medicines such as Aspirin, Tylenol, Advil, and Motrin IB.
How To Get Rid of a Headache in 2 Minutes?
There are ways to cure headache instantly and it doesn’t even require that much work. The following steps will prove to be helpful:
Use an Ice Pack
You can apply a cold compress on your forehead to feel better fast. Here, you can use an ice pack, frozen vegetables in your freezer bag, or ice cubes wrapped using a towel.
This remedy will help, especially if you have medical conditions like migraine. You can let it rest on your head for a good 15 minutes.
Plus, even a cold shower just might help as well.
Using Hot Compress/Heating Pad
A heating pad works wonders when you suffer from tension headaches. Proceed to place it on the back of your head or your neck.
If you are suffering from a sinus headache, then proceed to place a warm cloth on the pain area. Sometimes, even a warm shower will help get rid of this tension-type headache.
Headaches can also be caused by accessories like swimming goggles, headband, hat, or tying your ponytail in an extreme manner. It’s important to ease pressure on both your scalp and head.
Migraine attacks can also come from the use of bright and flickering lights, especially from your computer and mobile screens. You can use anti-glare screens to limit the effects.
It is advisable to also wear sunglasses when you happen to go out on bright sunny days. Covering your windows with high-quality blackout curtains will also do the trick during the day.
Plus, it’s also smart to start using ‘Daylight Spectrum Fluorescent Bulbs.’ Start applying them in your light fixtures.
What Foods Help Relieve Headaches?
The right foods can also help relieve many primary headaches. You can try consuming these items:
- Leafy greens like broccoli, spinach, turnip greens, kale, and collard greens.
- Nuts like Brazil nuts, almonds, cashew nuts, and walnuts.
- Fatty fish such as halibut, salmon, mackerel, and cod.
- Fruits like Honeydew, apricots, watermelon, avocados, watermelon, bananas, cantaloupe, figs, melon, and raspberries.
- Seeds such as Poppy, chia, sesame, pumpkin, and sunflower.
- Whole grains like quinoa, whole oats, barley, bulgur, and buckwheat.
- Legumes such as lentils, chickpeas, beans, soybeans, and peas.
- Hot peppers like Anaheim, jalapenos, cayenne, and habaneros.
- You can also consume small amounts of dark chocolate, tea, coffee, and ginger.
How To Stop Headache Immediately at Home?
Chronic headaches can be remedied at home too. You can follow these key pointers:
A major reason that causes the most common type of headache stems from one failing to stay hydrated. Did you know that dehydration is one of the main causes for chronic daily headache?
It is imperative for one to drink sufficient amount of liquids every day and secondary headaches. Such lifestyle changes are needed to combat severe headaches.
If you want to immediately stop the throbbing pain, then, you can opt for counter pain relievers. You can get them from your healthcare provider or doctor.
It’s always important to consult your doctor first before you swallow these counter medications. You should only take the ones that are rightfully prescribed.
Some of these common medicines consists of Aspirin, Tylenol, Motrin B, and Advil. The prescribed ones on the other hand usually are Amitriptyline, Metoprolol, Divalproex, and Topiramate.
But we strongly advise you to avoid over taking them. You can instead end up with a medication-overuse headache or something worse such as overdose or paralysis.
Stop Chewing So Hard
Maybe the frequent headaches are stemming from the fact that you chew so hard? Regardless of whether you are chewing gum, sticky or crunchy edibles, you shouldn’t chew so hard.
Exhausting your jaw can easily cause constant headaches. But if you are someone who grinds your teeth at night, then you can always consult your general physician and get a mouth guard.
It will help you eradicate the constant morning headaches. Teeth grinding causes a lot of muscle tension, leading to headaches.
You can also combat frequent headache symptoms by resorting to fitness. Physical activity such as progressive muscle relaxation, yoga, and meditation goes a long way in bettering your health.
Plus, if you are someone that suffer from muscle spasms, then you can always approach your doctor for physical therapy.
You can ask a loved one to give your head a good massage. Tension headache is one of the different types of headache, and it only goes away when you massage your forehead, temples, and neck.
What Pressure Points Gets Rid of a Headache?
These relaxation techniques on your pressure points will help you get rid of your headache.
- Union Valley (Large Intestine 4)
- Shoulder Well (GB 21)
- Drilling Bamboo (UB2)
- Gate of Consciousness (GB20)
How Do You Get Rid of a Headache In 10 Seconds?
There are different types of headaches like sinus headaches, tension headaches, cluster headaches, and migraine headaches. If you are looking for a quick remedy, then here are some quick relief tips for you:
Applying a cold compress on your neck and head does an excellent job in getting rid of headaches and migraine pain. It is best suited for healing tension headaches.
Remember to wrap the ice pack by using a towel for avoiding skin or head injury. You can let it rest on your head or neck for 15-20 minutes max.
Tension headaches can also be relieved by using a warm compress, low heating pad, warm towel, and hot water bottle. These remedies can help dull migraine symptoms and improve stress level too.
Plus, a warm shower or bath can help relieve pains on the sides of the head as well.
If you have a tall glass of water standing on your kitchen counter, then start chugging it down your throat. According to primary care physicians, dehydration is one of the major causes for migraine attacks.
It is possible to reduce headaches and migraine pain by trying acupressure. Start massaging the pressure point that is present in the ‘V’ right between the forefinger and thumb.
You need to use your thumb to massage your other hand. Ensure that you do so in a circular type of motion for a period of 15-20 seconds.
Proceed to switch your hands and repeat until you feel relieved.
Lastly, one of the simplest relaxation techniques to cure headaches and migraine is by closing your eyes and resting. Ensure that you are resting in a dark quiet room.
Can Drinking Water Get Rid of a Headache?
Yes, drinking ample amount of water does help in relieving headaches. Everyone should make it a priority to stay hydrated at all times.
5 Tips for Instant Migraine Relief
Being diagnosed with migraine is one of the saddest things because of how unpredictable and painful this sickness is. Migraine can cause other health issues as well such as sinus infection.
But fret not, because we have five tips for you to instantly relieve your migraine attacks.
- Go and rest in a dark quiet room. Migraine is easily triggered by bright lights and noisy sounds.
- You can apply temperature therapy on your neck and head. Here, you have to use either cold or hot compress.
- Drink a caffeinated beverage. It will help relieve early pain stages of your migraine.
- Acupressure also helps in providing immediate relief.
- Medications such as pain relievers, prescription drugs, nasal sprays etc. helps provide relief. However, you should always consult your doctor prior to taking any medications in the future.
How Can I Permanently Relieve a Migraine?
It isn’t possible to permanently cure a migraine. Migraine happens when there are changes within the blood vessels of the neck and head.
However, you can follow steps to permanently relieve it and prevent future attacks.
- Drink tons of fluids daily.
- Start practicing yoga, meditation, and other physical activities.
- Maintain a proper eating and sleeping schedule.
- Avoid using your phone after the lights are turned off.
- Take preventive medications that your doctor prescribes. Avoid excess intake to prevent medication overuse headache and other dangerous health situations.
Where Do You Massage for a Migraine?
You need to use both your middle and index fingertips and massage your temples. Do it for 30 seconds in a circular type of motion.
How Long Can a Migraine Last?
Depending on how fast you treat it, a migraine can last for 4 hours and can even go as long as 72 hours.
What Gets Ride of Headaches Fast?
If you want to quickly heal your headache, then consume a pain reliever like Advil or Aspirin. Cold or Hot compress also helps to ease the pain immediately.
What Kind of Headache is Associated with Covid?
Tension headache is usually associated with the Covid-19 virus.
What Helps a Headache from Covid?
A person suffering from Covid headaches can consume medicines like Advil, Tylenol, Aleve, and Aspirin.
What Makes Really Bad Headaches Go Away?
Severe headaches can go away by resting in dark quiet rooms, applying an ice pack, or by consuming over-the counter medicines.